Skip to content
Ligue 1: Neymar absent for the restart, his departure is precise
Neymar, October 7, 2018. FRANCK FIFE / AFP

Brazilian superstar Neymar, whose future at PSG is uncertain, has not been summoned for the resumption of the Ligue 1 against Nimes Sunday, announced Saturday the sports director Leonardo , Sparking discussions "More advanced than before" concerning an eventual transfer.

The leader confirmed to the journalists the continuation of discussions for a departure of the attacker aged 27, "But the PSG is not yet ready to give its approval.", he said, while Barcelona and Real Madrid are the two destinations for Ney, the most expensive player on the planet (222 million euros).

Read also "Neymar at PSG: the big shot turned to bad cost"

"We're going to manage those moments. It's important to define a future for everyone. If he stays, he plays. If he leaves, he leaves. The faster (we'll know), the better (it will be) »continued Leonardo ahead of the press conference of coach Thomas Tuchel on the eve of the welcome at Parc des Princes de Nimes (9 pm).

Tuchel evokes a small wound

The German coach, questioned on the subject, evaded the question of the transfer window, insisting on that of the physical state of the player to explain this absence. "Neymar did not finish the training (Saturday) and it's not possible for him to play tomorrow."he said, claiming that Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbapp will make the attack on Sunday at the Park.

"He's in a phase of individual training, he's a little hurt. He took a shot the day before yesterday (Thursday), a blow today (Saturday), he did not make a full week with the team so he's not in a position. To play for us ».

The Brazilian, injured in ankle late last season, and absent for this reason from Copa America in Brazil, has not been seen since with the PSG for the first time. traditional matches of the summer preparation. He was suspended during the Champions Trophy won in Shenzhen against Rennes (2-1) but was theoretically to be able to hold his place on Sunday for the restart.

The Team Authorized to Attend Pre-Game Conferences Again

L 'Equipe journalists, banned from pre-game press conferences by PSG since December, were able to follow on Saturday at Camp des Lodges that of coach Thomas Tuchel on the eve The Ligue 1 champion, who experienced changes internally during the offseason, authorized the access to his training center, In Saint-Germain-en-Laye, reporters of the sports daily after seven months of tense relations.

The decision of the Paris management to close the doors had been denounced by about twenty companies of journalists. The PSG intended to express its disagreement following an article, published in December, about the start of this summer of Kylian Mbappé or Neymar in case of sanctions related to financial fair play , "Allegations totally erroneous, ridiculous and only likely to re-create a climate of great tension between the club and this media", according to him.

Reply or view all contributions

Comments

Registration complete !

Show

Reset your password

Please enter your email address. You will receive a link to create a new password.

Check your e-mail for the confirmation link.

Close